Fleetwood Youth Soccer Club
PO Box 117
Fleetwood, PA 19522
Mission Stmt & Core Values
Fleetwood Youth Soccer Club
Mission Statement & Core Values
The mission of Fleetwood Youth Soccer Club is to promote the values of sportsmanship, fair play and community spirit through a quality developmental program of soccer instruction for young people.
Core Values of Fleetwood Youth Soccer Club (hereafter referred to as FYSC)
Sportsmanship - showing proper respect for teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, and spectators.
Fair Play - playing by the Laws of the Game, honoring the referee's decisions, and being a proper role model to others in both
winning and losing.
Community - building peace and harmony among the people within the area served by FYSC.
Team Spirit - putting the success of the team ahead of any individual achievement.
Family - using the activities of FYSC to strengthen the bonds between children and those who care for them.
Excellence - promoting skill development and team play toward the goal of performing at the highest level possible and instilling a life long love for the sport of soccer.
Competitiveness – teaching persistence, hard work and a positive attitude on and off the field.
1. FYSC will recruit, train and support coaches who are dedicated to the proper instruction of young people in the skills of soccer and overall sportsmanship.
2. Developing teamwork is as important as individual skill-building.
3. FYSC will field teams that demonstrate fair play, hard work, and good sportsmanship at all times.
4. The instructional program will promote excellence in soccer and contribute to the overall quality of life in our communities.
5. Coaches, parents and players will show respect to referees, opposing players and coaches, and other spectators at all times.
6. Parents will support coaches in their efforts to provide a quality soccer experience for their children.
7. All club members and their families will model good sportsmanship on and off the field and be good will ambassadors for FYSC wherever our teams compete.
8. The primary goals of soccer development are to have fun, develop skills and promote team play.
9. FYSC will recruit, support and develop quality referees to officiate for FYSC and throughout Reading Berks Junior Soccer League (hereafter referred to as RBJSL).
Coach or player members are required to submit a written letter to the Board of Directors if requesting reimbursement after successful completion of the referee course. Member shall be reimbursed, upon successful completion, for the registration fee (not to exceed $100.00 per member [no more than 2 assistant coaches per team] during any calendar year). Board members shall also be eligible for reimbursement as stated.
10. FYSC will be a respected participant in the activities of RBJSL and the Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer Association.