The primary mission of the Wilton Running Club is as follows:
1. To develop the student-athlete's appreciation for running as a lifelong sport that promotes fitness, conditioning, camaraderie as well as building self-esteem through the establishment and achievement of personal goals.
2. To prepare student-athletes to compete in local, regional and national track and cross-country meets.
3. To improve our members overall knowledge and skill-levels in running and track events.
4. To create a developmental system for the Wilton High School cross-country and track programs by providing a learning and practice environment for middle school student-athletes to improve their skills in running and track events.
5. To offer current high school cross-country and track athletes an opportunity to participate in a mentoring program with the younger student-athletes in this program.
6. To have fun and improve the health, fitness and self-confidence of those that take advantage of the benefits that running and track team sports have to offer.
Completed: March 22, 2005
Kevin Foley and Fred Gaston